Write Your Homestead Life into Existence!

     Write your homestead life into existence. Writing helps you. It clears your mind of all the thoughts that are floating around in there. It helps you to drill down into what is most important to get accomplished. Writing helps you to solve problems. Writing helps you to set goals and lets you develop a path to get those goals accomplished. 

    For me writing is most productive when I am alone in a quiet peaceful place. A place where there is no distractions. You need a place where you can be alone with your thoughts and feelings. I can write better early in the morning and will purposely set my alarm early so that I can have time to write. Others may find they write better at night after their family are asleep. It just depends on the person. Making time to write is important. 



    So, once you have a place and time to write, what are you suppose to be writing about? Lots of things! If I am trying to find out my purpose for the month or what I need to get accomplished, I make a list of things that I feel are important to me. Some examples for what is important to me is a clean house, nutritious food for my family, saving money by being frugal, and having a sustainable farm. Then I ask myself, "What can I do this month that will help me accomplish those goals?" I write those ideas down and then look at those ideas to determine which one will bring me the most bang for the work. I then make a plan to take action on those items. 

    Some good questions that helps me to write the path that I will follow for my homestead are:

1. Where am I in my life right now? 

2. What am I focused on right now?

3. What are my biggest challenges right now?

4. What is important to me?

5.  What am I trying to do?

6. What are some of my wins or positive progress I have had in the past 30 days?

7. What are some wins or positive progress I would like to have in the next 30 days?

8. What are the 3 most important things in my life?

9. Where would I like to be in 12 months from now?

10. What 3 things would I like to happen in the next 12 months?

11. Where would I like to be in 3 years from now?


    Now, I am not writing about all of those topics in one setting of writing. I pick one of those writing prompts and write about it. Those writing prompts are meant to get you thinking about your future and how to carve a path to create your own homestead where you are right now and with what resources you currently have. Following those writing prompts can also let you see where you are currently having problems and help you design a solution to those problems. 

    So, get yourself a journal. It can be as plain or as fancy as you want. The most important thing is to write in it daily. Write for 10 minutes or write for 30 minutes. Just write! Write your homestead life into existence!



Comments